Virtual Travel Guides is offering an intensive three-day course in Travel Writing taught by established travel writers in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The instructors in this course have been working in the business for over ten years, providing travel stories and reports for many travel websites and print guides, like the Rough Travel Guide books. This is a great opportunity to learn how to earn money from your travels.
During this 25 hour course you will learn;
- How to write a succinct travel feature that editors will publish
- Tips on editing your work and refining your style
- Ways to approach editors and get hired writing about travel
- Usage of your camera to take ‘eye candy’ pictures to accompany your writing
- Effective habits for recording what you see and experience on your travels
- Insights into house style guides and editorial conventions, along with brushing up your grammar.
The course begins every few weeks, and they fill up quickly. Cost is 4500฿ (USD $150). Participation will be limited (just 8 students per class), so it is recommended that you make a reservation soon.
The Travel Writing Course is offered in partnership with the UniTEFL School and held in their facilities located on Huay Kaew Road near Chiang Mai University.
UPDATE: I personally attended the Travel Writers Class that began on 14 December, and can give it my Thumbs UP! Very worthwhile info for anyone wanting to go this road to make money while traveling or living abroad. After this class, you will be prepared to begin making money —- as a matter of fact, you are likely to be offered a job!
For more information and to make reserve a spot in the class, complete this form and information will be sent to you: